Friday, December 20, 2013

Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist


Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist [Print Replica] [Kindle Edition]

Author: | Language: English | ISBN: B00GLZZN0A | Format: PDF, EPUB

Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist
Posts about Download The Book Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist [Print Replica] [Kindle Edition] from 4shared, mediafire, hotfile, and mirror link Written by a dental hygienist for dental hygienists, Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist helps you learn the safe and effective administration of local anesthesia. Coverage is tailored to fit the role and needs of the dental hygienist and promotes patient-centered care by integrating discussions of the Human Needs Paradigm with complete instructions for local anesthesia administration. Full-color photographs illustrate specific injection techniques, and colorful illustrations show dental anatomy. Written by experienced educator Demetra Logothetis, this reference presents material at the right level for dental hygienists and prepares you for success both on your licensure exam and in your career. Download latest books on mediafire and other links compilation Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist
  • File Size: 81532 KB
  • Print Length: 768 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
  • Publisher: Mosby; 1 edition (June 13, 2011)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B00GLZZN0A
  • Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
  • X-Ray:
    Not Enabled
  • Lending: Not Enabled
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #251,033 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
    • #4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Professional & Technical > Medical eBooks > Dentistry > Dental Hygiene
    • #49 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Professional & Technical > Medical eBooks > Specialties > Anesthesiology
    • #79 in Books > Medical Books > Dentistry > Dental Hygiene
This text is an awesome accessory or solo book for learning about local anesthetics, techniques and for a dental hygienist taking the local anesthetic certification course. Our class required Mahlmeds text, but I am glad I purchased this as a resource. I wish it could have been the standard text for the class. It has a great feel -softcover, not too thick and easy to highlite notes in, it fit in my tote bag making it easy to carry around. I was nervous about taking on the task of learning to administer anesthetics after being out of college ahem...25+ years this book greatly took the pressure off. I found reading it to flow well.

The book offers great charts, full color photos and every chapter has a nice 20 question review test and scenario question. I found there was much more compiled colored reference pages than the required class text. The section on injections were much more detailed in step by step with photos and instructor an Oral Surgeon agreed the needle angles during injection photos shown were much more accurate than class text. The publisher also has a companion website to receive end chapter answers, and mock tests.
It was a great companion rescource while studying for class. I would first read this book, then required class text. Halfway through I would just skim our class text as I found out this author covered it better and much more easy to understand.

Oh, an awesome thing -the index in the back seemed so intuitive- when I thought of a topic I needed to get an answer to, or locate in book -it usually did not fail me vs class text was less than steller results.

I just finished taking the NERB Local Anesthetic exam, awaiting results and feel this book made me much more confident in taking it and helping me pass.
Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist, 1e
By buffettfan
I just took the NERB for Local Anesthesia and I got a 90%. This book was really helpful. For the class I took, we were to get Malamed's book, which I only read certain chapters and skimmed others. What I loved about Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist was the tests at the end of each chapter and the website for more practice tests on the computer which were free with the purchase of this book. There were case studies also. I felt I learned it better with the test questions, Malamed's book didn't have any tests at the end of the chapters. Yes, there were errors in this book, and a few of the answers to some test questions were wrong. I did e-mail the author and she said she would have them changed, but I haven't seen the changes yet. So what I did was read this whole book first, taking all the tests in the book and online. I skimmed Malamed's book, and when I took the class, I felt like a really knew the material, I believe from taking the tests, it helps you learn it so much better, it makes you look up more things. Anyone wondering if this purchase is worth it, it is!
By ChristineArtist

Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist Download

Please Wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment