Tuesday, September 24, 2013

2014 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses


2014 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses [Paperback]

Author: Amy M. Karch MSN RN | Language: English | ISBN: 1451187831 | Format: PDF, EPUB

2014 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses
Posts about Download The Book 2014 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses from 4shared, mediafire, hotfile, and mirror link

The 2014 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses provides current, vital drug information “in a nutshell.” Based on the popular Lippincott’s Nursing Drug Guide by Amy Karch, this handy pocket guide by the same author gives essential information on over 1,500 medications in an easy-access A-to-Z format.

The “mini” drug monographs include generic and trade names, drug class, pregnancy risk category and controlled substance schedule, “black box” warnings, indications & dosages, dose adjustments, adverse effects, drug interactions, nursing considerations, and patient teaching. A new section provides Patient Safety information. Appendices cover topical and ophthalmic medications, laxatives, combination products, contraceptives, and biological agents (vaccines).

The pocket-sized 2014 Lippincott’s Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses will quickly become your go-to guide for important drug facts and vital patient safety tips & alerts.

 New to this edition:

·        More than 1,200 additions, changes, and updates on indications, dosages, and administration

·        Section on Patient Safety and Medication Administration

Download latest books on mediafire and other links compilation 2014 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses
  • Paperback: 500 pages
  • Publisher: LWW; Second edition (October 10, 2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1451187831
  • ISBN-13: 978-1451187830
  • Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 3.1 x 0.6 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,396 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    • #6 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Reference > Drug Guides
    • #6 in Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference > Drug Guides
    • #19 in Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology
One star means "I hate it" and I'm so sorry to say that I really do!

The type is very small, but if the info was any good I could deal with it. Sad to say that I can't trust the info in this book! I looked up one drug to check this little book out - dopamine - the info on the book says "need to know information" but it calls it "dopamine hydrochloride" (which is correct but unneeded information) and it doesn't even give the brand name ("Intropin" which is need to know information) or tell me that the drug is a vesicant, or that can be used for shock. Classifies it as a "Dopaminergic sympathomimetic" - huh? Not familiar with that classification though it's probably correct. My Davis drug guide classifies dopamine therapeutically as inotropic, vasopressor and pharmacologically as an adrenergic. This is just too many things I don't like about this little book and this is only on the first drug that I looked up. I'm buying a pocket guide to make my life easier not to confuse me or use terms that I'm not used to seeing or leave out things that I know that I need to know. Sigh!

Edited to add - Found a great pocket drug guide that gives all the needed drug info that I'm looking for - McGraw Hill Nurse's pocket drug guide by Judith A. Barberio 2012 version check it out - ISBN 9780071769303
By Horsebytes
I love this book. I have found every drug that I have needed to look up. the book lists the "main points" of drugs in an easy, practical format and it only includes the most basic information. I keep this drug book in my bag and I use it often. Its more of a supplemental drug guide, I also like how small it is (cute!)
By Mari

2014 Lippincott's Pocket Drug Guide for Nurses Download

Please Wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment